- 155gr powdered sugar
- 100gr almond flower
- 5gr green tea
- 66gr egg white at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients white chocolate ganache
- 200 gr white chocolate drops or cut into small pieces (we like Tony Chocolonely)
- 100 ml cream
Other tools that you need
- Food processor
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Big bowl
- Piping bag
- Put all the ingredients except the egg whites in the bowl of the food processor
- Grind all the ingredients so it becomes a fine powder
- Sif the mixture into a clean bowl
- Whisk the egg whites in a different bowl until they become stiff and they make stiff peaks. Make sure the bowl is fat-free by swiping from lemon through the bowl
- Add 1/3 of the almond-, tea- and sugar mixture that you made earlier. Gently fold the powder into the egg whites with a spatula. When the powder is completely mixed, add the next 1/3 until all the powder is incorporated with the egg whites and forms a ribbon when it falls of the spatula
- Place 4 dots of the batter in each corner of a baking tray, and place a piece of parchment paper over it. The batter helps to adhere the parchment to the baking tray.
- Put the egg white mixture into a piping bag
- Pipe the mixture onto the baking tray. Create circles of 3 cm and pipe the next macaron 2 cm away from the previous one.
- Tap a few times with the baking tray on your countertop to release any air bubbles
- Let the macarons dry for 2 hours, this helps to dry them and give better baking results
- Preheat the oven on convection warmth on 150 degrees Celcius
- Bake the macarons for 16 minutes
- They are done when you can easily lift them from the parchment paper
- Let the macarons cool down
How to make white chocolate ganache?
Making white chocolate ganache is easy. The recipe here below is a basic recipe for chocolate ganache. If you want a more complex flavour you can also infuse the cream with green tea or any other kind of flavor you want.
- Put the chocolate into a bowl
- Heat the cream until you see little bubbles on the edge of the pot
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate and cream are completely mixed.
- Let the mixture cool down
White chocolate ganache infused with tea
If you want to infuse the cream with green tea, add a bag of green tea with jasmine flowers to the cream. Let the cream and green tea simmer for 10 minutes. ˜Remove the tea bag and pour the cream on top of the chocolate, mix and let the ganache cool down.
How to make the macarons?Take one macaroon and add some chocolate of the chocolate ganache on top. Put another macaroon on top to finish the macaroon.
Eat the macaron with a cup of green tea with jasmine flowers. Enjoy!
Source photo: Photo by Blue Orchid Creations Photography from Pexels